Term 3 2017
Year 5 Room 10
Class Teacher: Rosie Russell
Welcome to term 3!
We are very excited about the busy term full of excursions, incursions, sporting events and learning.
- Reading: Guided reading groups will develop monitoring while reading & summarising comprehension skills while independent tasks will provide opportunities for students to use effective organisational habits and show skills for taking responsibility for their learning. Rowan of Rim by Emily Rodda will be our first class novel this term.
- Writing: We will be continuing our Seven Steps to writing activities. Revising text structures with a focus on writing descriptions, explanations and summarising information.
- Maths: factors and multiples, problem solving, simple budgeting, nets of 3D objects, measuring angles, pose appropriate questions for collection of specific data.
- Health: While continuing to foster the Habits of Mind and the Churchlands’ Way, year 5 will also focus on healthy eating and active lifestyle choices for continued wellbeing.
- Biological Science: Animal and plant structures, adaptations and ecosystems.
- History: West Australian historical events, inland explorers and the cause and effect of change on Australia’s colonies.
Criteria for the task will be placed on the room 10 Connect group.
Mathletics and reading is still expected 3-4 times each week, along with individual tasks that may be sent home occasionally and work that was missed due to absence.