We aim to provide all students with quality educational and
social experiences in an environment where they are inspired
and skilled to achieve their personal best with the confidence
to recognise and grasp opportunities throughout their lives.
All staff are expected to model the school’s values at all times. Students are encouraged to accept the school’s values as an integral part of their values. The school’s values are based on the Western Australian Department of Education’s core values.
· Learning – a positive approach is taken for ourselves and others.
· Excellence – reflects the high expectations of staff and students.
· Equity – individual differences, circumstances and needs are recognised.
· Care – fostering a relationship based on trust, mutual respect and acceptance of responsibility.
Learning at Churchlands Primary School is optimised when:
- Students have access to a rich, diverse curriculum that is sequential and connected, catering for different learning styles and meeting individual needs;
- Students are engaged through innovative teaching practices and have opportunities to set goals and receive timely feedback;
- Students feel respected for their individuality, and are supported to access an inclusive curriculum in a safe environment; and
- Programs reflect current research and pedagogical practice,integrate technology and involve the wider school community.
THE CHURCHLANDS WAY
Churchlands Primary School's Ten Essential Social Skills
- Following instructions
- Taking turns
- Active listening
- Interrupting appropriately
- Saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’
- Disagreeing in non-hurtful ways
- Appreciating others
- Acknowledging others
- Using appropriate entry skills
Please click link to graphic The Churchlands Way.